Hemorrhoids are one of the most common problems that people experience in their lives. They’re usually caused by a combination of poor diet, excessive straining of the anus during bowel movements, and a lack of adequate blood flow to the area. Hemorrhoids are often painful, and they can even cause bleeding. If you’re suffering from any of these symptoms, then you might have hemorrhoids. In this post, we describe what a hemorrhoid looks like, and we provide you with some useful tips on how to treat them.
What Hemorrhoids Look Like
A hemorrhoid looks like a large, swollen version of a common insect bite or an overripe plum. The insect bite is called a papule, and the enlarged version is called a pustule. It may even look like a small blister, since a blister is just an example of a pustule that has ruptured. The blood vessels that feed the skin around a hemorrhoid become swollen. These swollen vessels are called varicose veins. The swelling of the skin usually occurs in one place and sometimes extends to other parts of the body. Hemorrhoids are most often located near the anus, but they may be anywhere in the rectum and lower colon.
What To Do When You Have Hemorrhoids?
Do NOT pop hemorrhoids! This is a dangerous method of getting rid of them. Instead, try these home remedies for hemorrhoids:
- Use an ice pack on your anus for 10-15 minutes, several times a day.
- For severe cases, try using witch hazel or aloe vera lotion as a bath and/or apply it directly to the area.
- Put baking soda on the hemorrhoid.
- To make your own witch hazel, mix one part boiling water with two parts witch hazel. Apply the mixture to the hemorrhoid and keep it covered with plastic wrap for ten minutes.
- Try using petroleum jelly as an ointment.
- Also, make sure you drink plenty of water and eat foods rich in fiber to help with this problem.
In conclusion, hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the anal area. They can cause itching, bleeding, and discomfort. If you have been experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention. It is also important to know the right ways to treat hemorrhoids. There are many home remedies that can help you, such as Venapro. However, if you are not comfortable with them, you should consult a doctor.